Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Eggless Pancakes



Sooo.......you know those moments when you plan on making something, assemble all ingredients only to find you have just ONE main thing missing? 

Yeah, I just had one of those moments recently. 

Thankfully, the plan was pancakes, the missing ingredient was eggs, and pancakes can be easily made without eggs. The problem? They don't get as tall and fluffy as they do with eggs. I'm sure you won't mind though, this recipe is delicious. 

Never made pancakes before? That's okay, they're pretty easy.

Tip #1: Melt butter in the pan you'll be using. It makes for less dishes to wash later. 


#2: Always add the liquid ingredients last. It mixes better this way. Don't argue. 



#3: Whisk just until it all comes together and is mostly smooth. If you over-mix, you'll reinvent hockey pucks. Or door stoppers.



#4: Use just a tiny, tiny bit of oil to fry them. They don't need much. Promise.



And last but not least, you can keep the finished pancakes warm in the oven while you fry up the rest, or simply stick the entire finished batch in for a few minutes before serving. 

That's it! The full recipe is below. Questions? Just let me know.


Eggless Pancakes

Servings: 4-6

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
cinnamon, to taste (optional)
nutmeg, to taste (optional)
1 1/2 cups milk
2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter, melted
coconut oil or butter, for frying

Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well and pour in remaining ingredients. Whisk just until mixed.

Heat a pan over medium heat with a tiny bit of coconut oil or butter. Spoon rounds of batter onto pan and cook over medium low to low heat until browned. Flip and cook other side. 

Serve hot with butter and maple syrup!





21 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, these look so delicious! I love cooking.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog, Pixie. Yours is gorgeous♥ I'm following.

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I'm the world's worst cook tho so I might have to con the boyfriend into making these for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm definitely going to try this "mixing the liquid in last" thing and see if you are right ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I am so glad that I am not the only one that puts cinnamon in my pancakes. It's the best that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look fabulous! I made pancakes last night w/egg of course, but they would have to be healthier w/out the egg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! So long as you use organic (and preferably soy free) eggs from a good source, they're actually very healthy

      Delete
  6. Mmmm ... Pancakes. I love eating them at any time of the day.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! Love the way the light creeps into your very first photo, by the way. :)

    xoxo,
    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! I will have to remember this for next time I have a hankering and can't make it to the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! Can't wait to try this recipe out, hopefully I will not burn anything! Haha! I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, today I made waffles and dropped an entire half of an eggshell in the batter. It disappeared completely from sight, and I had to fish it out with a fork. There weren't any casualties though, so I think I got it all! Lol.
    Cute blog, by the way =)
    <3 Lydia

    http://formyownsatisfaction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting recipe!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE


    MOSAMUSE
    http://www.facebook.com/MosaMuse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow who did your graphics??? Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia Collins did, if you check the post before this I link back to her. She's good! :)

      Delete
  13. looks soo yummy !!

    thank you for sharing this Chef Pixie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, bloggers love hearing from their readers. If you ask a question be sure to come back as I will talk back.